Thursday, August 26, 2010

School Days...School Days...Good Ole Golden Rule Days....

I am so excited about starting the new school year.  The 1st graders that read with me last year will read with me again this year as 2nd graders.  My friend, Cheri, will be reading with the children at Alexander Doniphan also.  I am going to miss Megan.  We worked together for 5 years.  She is a sweetheart.  You can see her in the little video attachment on the blog.  She is the very pretty silver haired Schnauzer. 

I will be able to meet with the children as long as the dreaded cancer does not return.  I hope it stays away this year.  I sure do miss the children.   That's the good news for the day.  We'll start after labor day. 

I had fun making new friends at the summer workshop helping others learn about how to be therapy dog handlers and what their dogs need to know to be a therapy dog.  It was fun and I was so happy to be out again and around people.  Not that I don't love my family, but I really miss the interactions with other people too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment